A 13-year-old girl was rushed to Logan Regional Hospital by Franklin County Ambulance today, June 13, having been bitten by a rattlesnake.
Allyson Ingels, of Brigham City, was attending girls camp at the Davis cabin west of Clifton when she and some friends saw the small snake, said her mother, Janine. The snake was small enough they didn’t realize it had a rattle and tried to pick it up. The snake bit her on the finger.
The girl was taken to Clifton where she met the ambulance at 4:21 p.m. The first responder put a tourniquet on the finger and five minutes later, they were en route to the hospital. Her mother was notified and met her in there.
At Logan Regional Hospital, anti-venom was administered and Allyson is doing well, said her mother. She is expected to remain in the hospital for a couple of days where she will continue to receive the anti-venom, said a nurse.